Thursday, November 3, 2016
Let Us Remember Our Dear Departed!
On the day of the Faithful Departed, there is the possibility of gaining a PLENARY INDULGENCE, which can be applied to the blessed souls in purgatory. We can only gain one plenary indulgence per day.
WHAT WE HAVE TO DO:
1. On November 2: Visit a Church or public oratory, and pray there an Our Father.
2. From November 1 to November 8: We can gain a plenary indulgence every day visiting a Cemetery and praying there for the faithful departed.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR GAINING PLENARY INDULGENCES:
1. Must be baptized and must not be excommunicated.
2. Having the intention, at least in general, of gaining the indulgence.
3. Confession: It can be made within eight days before or after the day in question.
4. Receiving Communion on the day in question.
5. Praying for the Pope’s intentions: an Our Father, a Hail Mary and a Glory Be. These intentions are the following ones (they were predetermined by the Church, and they are not the Pope’s personal intentions):
a) The exaltation of the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.
b) The eradication of heresies.
c) The propagation of Catholic Faith.
d) The conversion of sinners.
e) Peace and concord among Christian princes.
f) All other goods of Christian community.
6. Having no attachment to sin, not even venial sins.
7. Observing that to which the Indulgence was granted.
NOTE: If the conditions are not entirely fulfilled, there is still the possibility of gaining a partial Indulgence.
What the souls in purgatory need are indulgences and Masses, many Masses! Order Masses for your relatives and for all the faithful departed in general, God will know who to apply them to.
See (Click here). WHAT ARE INDULGENCES AND HOW TO GAIN THEM